My name is Helen Ross, I am a professional counsellor and a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and a graduate member of British Psychological Society (BPS). I completed a BSC in Counselling Psychology at Roehampton University; Diploma in Social Work and Postgraduate training in Person Centred Therapy.
I have further extensive experience in working in Addiction, Bereavement, Anxiety, Depression, Abuse and complex family dynamics. I provide individual or couples counselling, short term, time limited and long term tailored to requirements.
Choosing to use therapy is a big step, I fully approach our working relationship from the perspective that no client is the same, everyone is individual. Therapy is tailored to fully understanding your needs and adapting the provision to enable you to gain the most from our collaborative working.
My therapy room is a safe place for you to talk without fear of judgement, in complete confidence.
In a neutral supportive environment, I offer you the opportunity to clear the path and build your self-esteem so that you feel able to move on with your life. Through our journey together my integrative approach utilising empathy, congruence and unconditional positive regard draws on therapeutic theory from Psychodynamic, CBT and Pluralistic approaches. The key is to identify what you wish to gain from therapy and find the best way to achieve this.
Therapy is not about the therapist fixing the client rather facilitating the client to greater understanding of themselves and providing a healthy toolkit that can be utilised now and in the future for positive well-being.
Got a question you’d like to ask me?
- How much do you charge?
- I provide a charging structure between £40-£60 for individual and couples counselling face-to-face sessions. I offer a few lower concessionary spaces, please enquire on availability.
Six week block session can be booked and paid in advance with a 5% discount.
An initial assessment session is offered with no commitment to therapy at a rate of £25.
- How many sessions do I / we might need?
- The number of sessions you need will depend on your individual circumstances and requirements. At our assessment session, we will discuss how to take things further. Sessions may be 6, 10, 12 weeks or long term. Throughout therapy the collaborative approach ensures that we review the progress and adjust the goals of therapy if required.
- Can you outline your process?
- We will begin with an initial assessment to discuss what brings you here and what you would like to gain out of therapy. During this time information gathering on circumstances, family history and future hopes all provide useful information for effective therapy.
- Are my / our sessions confidential?
- I adhere to the professional standards and ethical guidelines of the British Association of Counsellors & Psychotherapists.
- Can I park easily?
- There is metered parking in my road between 8.30am and 6.30pm.
- What's the nearest station?
- The nearest station is Surbiton, which is a 15 minute walk.